Sunday, March 2, 2008

job app

I am working on a job application right now. So basically you could categorize this blog post as 100 percent complete procrastination. I am stuck on an question of my spiritual journey. I find it hard to get that kind of stuff down on paper. I could ramble on and on about it, but if you ask me to write about it I end up with a page full of one or two sentence sections that have a thousand thoughts after each of them and nothing of any real...flow or worth to the readers of the application. I think I will finish most of the app tonight though. I know this because a) I have to get it done as soon as possible and b) because I have procrastinated in every possible single way and its just 6:15 pm, 5 hours before I am going to go to bed. That's a lot of time to do nothing of significance. So I suppose I might as well work on it with complete focus. The thing is, I really want to the job and I think that's the reason behind the procrastination. I want my passion, vision, and desire to shine through on the application, thus I have to chose my words carefully and well. I am not a writer, I'm more of a talker. Or at least I have convinced myself of such. But that's enough about this job application. On to something else like what I am doing right now in life, anyway? Well. I am back teaching again. I will have a full week this week. Which I am not sure if that is 14 or 16 hours of class. I have attempted to get my complete schedule, but have been unsuccessful, so I am still unsure. Either way, that's ok. I know I have class tomorrow morning...at least I think I do. Maybe I should make some phone calls here. But I am back at it. I taught last week and it went well. The students were excited to see me and it was good to see them as well. I was just writing an email to a friend and remarked on how much time I have left in China and it really isn't much. I have 17 weeks of teaching left and then probably 3 weeks of traveling. 17 may seem like a lot to some people, but the first week went SO fast that I am pretty sure the next 17 will be a whirlwind as well. I am pretty excited though. This semester will be a busy one, at least I desire it to be so-in a healthy kind of way, and I am looking forward to continuing to teach my students the best I can and to get to know them better and spend more time with them. It should be good. Well, I need to do some damage on this app, so I best be done for now.