Monday, March 24, 2008

so what's new?

"What I am I up to?" You ask. Well. Big news of late is...I bought a plane ticket home-via Europe. Actually, going to Europe was originally purely recreational, but with what it costs to fly out of China to the states this summer it has also become a semi-economical decision also. My airfare is much cheaper even with a stop in Europe (into Switzerland to see my amazing friends and then flying out of Dublin because it was ridiculously cheap and I am currently overly intrigued with Ireland/have always been/will continue to be). So I am pretty excited about those travel plans. Although, it will be another four months until I am actually home and three months before I leave to travel through China and Europe, but I know that will be here all too soon. Which is really weird to think about, but I am reflecting on it for the sole purpose of making sure I am ready/I have done all I desire to before it arrives. But I am being careful not to focus on it too much and lose track of what I am doing here. Back to the traveling though. We have next Friday off so I might try and swing an extended weekend. I am thinking about trying to rearrange my Wednesday class and taking off on Tuesday for Tiger Leaping Gorge in Yunnan Province. It's arguably one of China's greatest natural attractions after the "rooftop of the world." Which I have axed travel plans for, much to my dismay, but not nearly as dismaying as the situation itself, keep it in your thoughts. Tiger Leaping Gorge would be a Tuesday-Sunday trip. So five days. It should be a week, so I would be pushing it. The way it shakes down though I can't really pass up this opportunity. So I think I am going to do it. It will be a nice birthday present to myself, ha. I will keep you updated on that though (not sure who exactly "you" is, but anyway...). Besides traveling, been teaming up good conversations with good meals lately so that's been great. Love how food opens doors-amazing. In other news-still waiting to hear back about the next stage of job interviewing (it will be a process-Spring Break and busyness is at hand for the interviewers), currently battling mold in the apartment, trying to pick up a little guitar, leading my online bracket pool even though I haven't watched one game this year(go MSU!-yes I did pick them for my final four. I figure I look dang good if it happens and only like someone who is a little too invested in the Big Ten if it doesn't, seeing as how I also through Wisconsin in there too. It feels like '05 though), and I might go to an azalea festival this weekend. So yup, that's the shakedown. Sorry about the lack of paragraphs, the excess of run-ons, and the numerous parenthetical wanderings.