Friday, April 11, 2008

new coffee with flaming toast

i ran out of coffee yesterday and thus switched to a new blend. it's not bad, but i guess i was pretty much obsessed with my old one (some seattle's best that my mom sent me). now i am drinking some tanzania blend from a american owned coffee place in town. why am i sharing this? i am not sure exactly. but i have been drinking coffee pretty consistently since a few months into living in china. not only does it taste dang good (something that i thought i never would have said, even 3 years ago), but i think its just "a little slice of home that warms the soul." (put in quotations because such a ridiculous amount of fuzzy feelings that exudes from that comment that i really hope someone else said it first). going to an ancient city today. should be good, but i need to scrounge up some breakfast first, i just let my toast catch on fire in the oven. thats my third uncharacteristic blunder in three days. is my head just too high in the clouds?