Friday, April 18, 2008

5 years ago...

So five years ago this weekend I made my first trip to Seattle. Little did I know what an impact the city of Seattle and Seattle Pacific University would have on me. People always say college is the greatest time or your life and a great opportunity for independence and all that jazz, but I could have never imagined how much I would grow and the things I would learn, and the relationships I would build. It's just crazy to think about.

I was encouraged not too long ago to think about life five years from now. So often people make short term, year goals, and work to accomplish them, but what about five years. So much has happened in my life in five years, but in a way, when you look at it, it doesn't seem all that intimidating. I mean, I have no idea what the next five years will look like for me, I mean, absolutely no idea. I just found out this week that I didn't get a job I was applying for in Seattle, so really there is nothing in front of me directing me. Just me looking upward for guidance. It's exciting really. But I am not sure, really the only thing I can hope for in the next five years is that I continue to look upward for guidance and find myself at peace in doing that. That would be my goal. Maybe the rest will take care of itself?

I do hope to return to Seattle though (not sure if it will be this year or when). I still remember being in awe of five years ago when I visited. And to think I really didn't even understand the city, or the NW, then and definitely didn't see my becoming as infatuated with it as I am now. Wow. Five years.