Saturday, February 2, 2008

In Cambodia

I've gone quite the distance since the last time I wrote. We went from the Central Highlands of Vietnam to Saigon (HCMC to be PC) for two days, then on to the Mekong Delta for two more days, a day of traveling, a day in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, another day of traveling, and then TODAY we were to the temples of Angkor. Just amazing temples and architecture. That tied in with the setting makes for just solid moments of awe. Angkor Wat was pretty sweet, but I really enjoyed the Temple of Tam Prohm. They were all cool in one way or another. We have two more days of temple exploring ahead of us and then on to Thailand (I have no idea what we are going to do there). We went to the Killing Fields in Phnom Penh. If you aren't familiar with the genocide that took place there you should stop reading and google it right now to become informed. It was pretty tough stuff to see and really hits you deep, I just hope to keep it with me and not forget it. We also spent a couple days on the Mekong Delta and that was definitely a trip highlight. Basically anytime I get on a boat it moves to a trip highlight and I spent two days on a boat so...I guess that explains it. I hope to post some pictures some day (when I get them downloaded and all that). As for now...the internet cafes in Cambodia are more expensive than in Vietnam thus I feel I am getting cheated and am signing off, so I hope all is well. More stories later.