Sunday, January 20, 2008

On to a new city

We left Hoi An two days ago. I didn't make it unscathed. I ended up getting a pair of black leather dress shoes made and some long shorts, aka- "man capris" (so I can fit in with all the European travelers). But both were pretty great deals and I am really happy with the shoes, I mean, they were made for me feet, you can't go wrong with that. I am pretty picky though, I couldn't find a shoe for them to copy (in like 4 catalogues) so I had them combine a couple and it worked really well. Definitely a purchase for the States though, I don't really have any need for them in China, in fact, it's so dirty there I am not sure I would want to wear them. We are in Nha Trang now, its in the Southern part of the country and is a beach town. We took a night bus with just seats to get here so we were out of it yesterday. Today we went on a boat tour to some different islands. I went snorkeling for a little while and managed to see a couple cool fish despite the below quality equipment-my mask was purple and pink and looked like it came out of the toy aisle at Fred Meyer. But overall the trip was a lot of fun and there were plenty of beautiful sites and all the crystal blue green water you could ask for. And despite my whiteness I managed to stay relatively burn free. I guess it helps that Jen is packing SPF 50 suntan lotion that I have to use since there is nothing else. We are sticking around here tomorrow as well and then we are on to the city of Dalat in the south central highlands. As for right now, I am going to shower and try and get this dried salt off me and then try convince the girls that they want to splurge for Indian food. Cheers (we've run into a lot of Australians here, I'm picking up some of the overused lines).