Friday, January 9, 2009

The New Year

It's 2009. A new year. 2008 was a year of firsts in a lot of ways. I experienced many new things and learned more than I even realize. But I am excited for 2009. Two things in particular are worth noting at the present time...

First off. I live in Seattle. I have an apartment here, my own room, a space. Maybe not a huge thing, but I spent over half of 2008 living out of a bag. It is nice to go back to my "home" at night (even though I loved the assortment of places I stayed the last year). And it's exciting to be in Seattle, investing in a community, living life and...

Secondly, having a new job. I am the new cafe manager at Q Cafe, a small non-profit cafe in Seattle. I am working behind the bar about 30 hours a week and then spend the rest of my time doing financial/inventory/scheduling/MARKETING stuff. I have been at a week now (officially). Thus far, it's been great and it's been busy. I am excited to be a part of such a great thing and looking to learn a lot in my time working.

There is more going on, but I need to get in the groove a bit more before I can start posting like I ideally would prefer to. It will happen, I am confident. Hope the new year is treating you well.