Friday, July 11, 2008

Standard bush league.

So Randi and I got to Chongqing. And of course, no train tickets to Chengdu for five hours, so we opt for the bus. Or, rather, to try and find a bus. On the way to the long distance bus station (that had no buses to Chengdu) we pass a lady with a sign that says Chengdu in Chinese characters. I say "we want to go there" in Chinese. She lists a price, I double check at the bus station to make sure we can't get there a more legitimate way and then we are off. Following two Chinese ladies (who were practically running) who throw us in a taxi, take us to the side of the highway, and sit us down. We managed to escape for a bathroom break, but we werent lucky enough to get breakfast/lunch. Then, a bus pulls up, we hand a guy some money and they throw us on...except when we get on there aren't enough seats and the guy I gave my money to...gone. The two ladies...walking away, trying not to look at me as I am waving them over. No worries, a guy gets up, Randi steals his seat, I slide in next to her, we are good to go-it's good being a foreigner. The other people find another bus or something and then we are off to Chengdu. Sketch...yes, but it worked. Lots more adventures, hopefully I can post them soon. Gotta jet though.