Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Shout out to baby sister

This post is dedicated to my baby younger sister, Abby. She left for Zambia on June 1st (and has arrived safely). She, along with a few other teammates, will be living there for the next seven weeks doing an assortment of stuff, like working in orphanages and child development centers, doing AIDS education, visiting terminal patients in hospitals, working with youth groups, and whatever else comes up. She has long had a passion for Africa and it's great to see her stepping out to make this trip happen and see first hand the things she has been learning about for a long time. I still remember choosing to do a big research paper on water and food shortages in Africa when she was in high school. I must say, I am very proud of her and I am excited, not only for the ways she will serve there, but also for how she will be grown and stretched. So if you want to keep her in your Thoughts too, that would be great.